As we enter the last few days of 2016, it’s time to take a look back at our favored brands, lookbooks and blog posts of the year. These year-end roundups are amongst my favored articles to put collectively. I commit so significantly time arranging for the next post or project, that I do not constantly get to appear back and treasure an specifically very good report or photoshoot or brand campaign. Some of that’s a excellent factor simply because, as you know, when you spend as well much time searching back, you don’t usually program ahead. But now that our function for the year is virtually completed, I want to settle in and overview some highlights.
In terms of The Lingerie Addict’s editorial, the most significant alter has been bringing on three new writers this year: Ariel, Alexis, and Alysse. Their voices and perspectives are incredible additions to TLA and the blog’s dual missions of information and inclusivity. But in addition to all that, I just love reading their articles every single month.
The second huge adjust was promoting Krista, who you may possibly bear in mind as a former columnist, to TLA’s Assistant Editor. I burned out in a main way earlier this year and as soon as I recovered, I realized that the blog is too massive for me to manage entirely on my own anymore. I’d still been pondering of myself like a “small blogger”, but with practically six.five million views in the final year, that just does not describe the web site any longer. I really feel like the top quality of TLA’s content material has enhanced this year beneath Krista’s path, and I’m so excited to have an official “right hand woman” who genuinely understands what The Lingerie Addict is about.
Third, in an exciting adjust, some of the articles I’m most proud of don’t even appear on The Lingerie Addict! I did a bit of writing for other media outlets this year, such as Teen Vogue and Fusion, and this is one thing I’m hoping to do a lot a lot more of in the future. There’s so small lingerie details out there I believe the next step is for TLA to expand slightly beyond a lingerie weblog.
For 2017, I want to maintain functioning to make The Lingerie Addict a far better, a lot more inclusive and much more extensive resource. The Lingerie Addict is the biggest lingerie blog in the planet, but I don’t see that as a cause to rest, to coast, to quit trying. I want TLA to be the ideal location there is for lingerie-focused fashion, and I really feel much more inspired than ever to make that take place.
What was your preferred Lingerie Addict post of the year? And what would you like to see a lot more of next year?
Below is a list of the articles you will want to study once more and again from this year. Want to dig a tiny deeper with our Greatest of 2015 list? You can discover it right here.
- Why Do not Lingerie Brands Do Custom Alterations? – If you have ever wondered why a lingerie firm cannot just reduce the length of a strap or adjust a band for your order, Catherine of Kiss Me Deadly explains what’s going on behind the scenes.
- Why Do Productive Lingerie Lines Close? – Lingerie lovers often lament the surprising and sometimes sudden shuttering of brands they love and admire. Why do productive lingerie lines shut down?
- How Will Brexit Impact the Lingerie Business? – Some of your favored lingerie brands might not be capable to survive Wonderful Britain’s exit from the European Union. Even if they do, the quality of the goods (and the rates you pay) will virtually surely adjust.
- What Tends to make a Supportive Full Bust Bra Work? – Customers frequently lament the fact that full bust bras (i.e. DD+ cup sizes) aren’t as flimsy and delicate as bras in modest bust or core sizes. It turns out there are some very good factors for that – the complete structure of a complete bust bra has to alter in order for it function correctly.
- What Influences Lingerie Sizing? – Lingerie sizing is a controversial, emotionally-fraught topic. No 1 brand can do each and every size, but the logistics behind why a brand chooses to concentrate size group are often hidden. In this interview with a core size, a small bust, and a plus size brand, Quinne pulls back the curtain on lingerie sizes.
- Plus Size Bra Buying: The Good and The Poor of Lane Bryant – In her very first official article as a TLA columnist, Ariel requires a deep dive into the plus size fashion juggernaut that is Lane Bryant detailing their strengths and weaknesses in an era when the plus size marketplace is more competitive than ever before.